Professional Football Player Luke Kuechly Joins #RTtoReThink Initiative
After a long post-season run, professional football player Luke Kuechly joined the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program’s Retweet to ReThink educational campaign. Last year, Luke learned that concussions are treatable when managed properly.
Help UPMC and Luke educate others. Choose a sign, take a picture, and share it on social media. Or share one of the concussion facts below on your social channels. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #RTtoReThink and tag UPMC Sports Medicine.
- All concussions are treatable when managed properly.
- No two concussions are alike.
- Helmets have not been proven to reduce the incidence of concussion.
- 90% of concussions don’t involve loss of consciousness.
- Concussion recovery time is different for everyone.
To learn more about our patients, read their stories.